I'm a Creative. Both Copy and Art. Bit chameleon like. Just with more hair.
Born in South-Africa but 100% Danish with a quite serious British accent.
I’ve studied a lot. Did a Foundation in Fine Art. Got a BA in English Literature. Did my post grad at Watford in Advertising.
Sometime between all that I worked as a party planner for the world's largest concierge company, Quintessentially. I once had to work out how to get an elephant on a boat in the Maldives. And had Kate Winslet as a client.
I’ve worked in Advertising for about 7 years now.
Places I have worked permanently: M&C Saatchi, The Sunshine Agency, Above + Beyond
Places I have freelanced: BBH, Saatchi & Saatchi, Anomaly, Holler, +rehabstudio, Uncommon London
Where am I now: Freelancing at BBC Creative
I've won some awards and been on a bunch of shortlists but in all honesty, awards are awesome but they are not what I do this job for.
The real awards I've been blessed with are these:
- I'm a published writer in over 12 publications from The Huffington Post to Campaign Magazine.
- Lily Allen once wrote me a letter of thanks because of an article I wrote about her contribution to Feminism.
- I was invited to meet the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall to talk about sexual consent.
- A rape victim told me I'd made her feel good about getting dressed in the morning again.
- My work is taught in social studies classes across the country.
- I got a Police Constabulary advert banned because it gave out the wrong message about sexual consent.
- I have helped 150 designers in India get full time jobs.
- The NY Times sited me as giving an artist their 'first big break'.
- I got one of the worlds biggest supermarkets to stop selling an unethical product.
- Vice once asked my opinion on Democracy in Britain which is a win for me considering I can't even vote in the UK.
- In 2016 I was voted one of top 9 rising female Creatives in the UK by the Drum
- In 2017 I was voted as a female leader seen to be helping redefine the creative industries, by The Dots
- In 2017 I was Campaign and Creative Equal's top 30 Creative trailblazers
- The So White initiative was cited as progress towards curing Marketing of its Diversity issue in Campaign Magazine
- In 2017 I was featured in Pitch magazine's 'Winners' Issue alongside the ladies behind Fearless Girl and Mother’s ECD Ana Balarin
- In 2018 I was one of 8 Women Of Tomorrow winners as decided by The IPA
- In 2018 I made the BIMA100 list which honours the top 100 people working across Digital Marketing and Advertising
- In 2018 I was honoured in the Pitch 100 list
- Not only am I an advisory board member of DIMA but was a judge on the DIMA50 2018
- 2018 New Blood Speaker
- I was featured in Netflix Documentary in 2018, which talked about a business I started three years beforehand